DESIGNED FOR THE LAW ENFORCEMENT SNIPER OR DESIGNATED MARKSMAN, THIS COURSE FOCUSES ON DEVELOPING PROFICIENCY IN TACTICAL SCOPED RIFLE MARKSMANSHIP, FIELD CRAFT, AND OBSERVATION/REPORTING SKILLS.
Since the vast majority of law enforcement sniper engagements take place within 100 yards, this course emphasizes extreme close range precision. Unlike other courses that require meeting an arbitrary marksmanship standard, attendees will instead be individually evaluated through an end of course live fire test to determine their optimum engagement range.
Our Basic Sniper includes, but is not limited to:
Safe and effective manipulation of the weapons system
- Review of safety procedures
- Review of weapon systems and gear
- Rifle fitting, sight adjustments, establish zero, fundamentals of marksmanship
- Observation exercises
- Introduction to MOA
- Aiming areas
- Introduction to ballistics
- Camouflage, concealment vs. cover
- Movement exercises
- Grouping exercises
- Command fire exercises
- Introduction to moving targets
- Positional shooting
- Qualification course
- Precision scoped rifle with sling
- Drag bag or rifle pack
- Load-bearing backpack, vest, or harness
- Magnetic compass
- Small flashlight
- Small calculator
- Rifle and scope maintenance/cleaning gear
- Field notebook and pencils
- Footwear suitable for rapid movement, stability, and turning
- Camouflage field clothing suitable for training in any weather
- Hydration system
- Hat with a brim
- Wraparound eyewear, polycarbonate lenses or non-shattering prescription glasses
- Ear/sound protection
- Face paint (recommend cream-type paint)
- Ghillie suit is optional
- Any operational gear you may find useful for range/field work
This course is restricted to current law enforcement and current military only.
Students failing to meet and maintain our safety requirements and/or who cannot meet and immediately demonstrate the minimum skills required for the specific class may be removed from training. Please ensure you have read through the class description and fully understand our prerequisites before registering.
All Tuitions for Courses and Tutorials are to be paid in full at the time of registration. Please be sure of the class you want. There are NO REFUNDS and NO TRANSFERS.